Biography / Wiki
A well-known professional basketball player ‘Blake Austin Griffin’ currently plays for Detroit Pistons for National Basketball Association (NBA). During his school days, he developed his interests in sports and played baseball, basketball as well as football. He was born on March 16, 1989, in Oklahoma City.
In the 2009 NBA draft, he was selected by the Los Angeles Clippers due to his outstanding skills in the field. Apart from basketball, he is also an actor who made his debut in the 2018 comedy film ‘The Female Brain’. He has won awards such as NBA All-Rookie First Team and NBA Slam Dunk Champion.
Height / Weight / Age
Blake Griffin has a towering height of 208 cm and in feet inches; his height is 6’10”. His weight is 114 kg in Kilograms or 251 lbs in Pounds. He turned 33 years old. He has a beautiful dark brown eye color and his hair color is light brown. His body measurement is as follows 45 inches chest, 34 inches waist and 16 inches biceps.
His net worth is estimated to be $60 million approximately and his salary is $29.7 million annually. His car collection includes Tesla Model s, GMC Yukon Denali, Kia Optima Turbo, and Polaris Slingshot.
Education / Family
He was born to Tommy Griffin who played basketball and Gail Griffin. His father played for the Northwestern Oklahoma State University and also owned a gym. He has an elder brother named Taylor Griffin who also played basketball. Both the brothers were homeschooled by the mother. He studied at Oklahoma Christian School, where his father was the head coach and he received a scholarship to play college football for the Oklahoma Sooners.
|Real Name||Blake Austin Griffin|
|Birth Place||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA|
|Date Of Birth||March 16, 1989|
|Height||In centimeters – 208 cm
In feet inches – 6’10”
|Weight||In kilograms – 114 kg
In pounds – 251 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|School||Oklahoma Christian School|
|College||University of Oklahoma|
|Debut||NBA – 2009|
|Fathers Name||Tommy Griffin (Basketball Coach)|
|Mothers Name||Gail Griffin
|Brothers||Taylor Griffin (Basketball player)|
Career / Fashion And Style
Blake was drafted into the Los Angeles Clippers as the first overall pick in the 2009 NBA draft. He participated in their summer league and was named Summer League MVP.
During the 2010-2011 season, as a rookie, he made a debut against the Portland Trail Blazers where he registered 20 points with 14 rebounds. In 2011, he participated in the Rookie Challenge where he won the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest during All-Star break.
By the Sports Illustrated Magazine, he was named as one of the NBA’s 15 Greatest Rookies of All Time. In 2012 NBA All-Star Game, along with Chris Paul, he played as a starter and performed well with an average of 18.0 points and 8.3 rebounds per game. He registered a career-high of 24.1 points per game in the 2013-14 season. In July 2017, he re-signed the five-year contract with the Clippers worth $173 million.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He dated Brynn Cameron and has a son Ford Wilson Cameron-Griffin and a daughter Finley Elaine Griffin.
|Girlfriends||Brynn Cameron (2011-2013)
Daniella Almeida, Actress (2012-2013)
Kate Upton, American Model (2013)
|Children||Son – Ford Wilson Cameron-Griffin
Daughter – Finley Elaine Griffin
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Film||Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)|
|Favourite Cereal||Golden Grahams|
|Favourite TV Character||Michael Scott (The Office)|
|Favourite TV Show||The Office|
|Favourite person to follow on Twitter||Rob Delaney, Darren Rovell|
Some Interesting Facts About Blake Griffin
- While growing up he played football and baseball too.
- In college, he played for the Oklahoma Sooners and during high school, he won state titles every year.
- More than once, he has won the Slam Dunk Contest.
- Kermit the frog was honored by Blake for welcoming him back to the lineup during a pregame introduction.
- He jumped over the hood of a Kia car, during a stunt in the 2011 Slam Dunk Contest.
- His longtime girlfriend, Brynn Cameron is the sister of former NFL tight end Jordan Cameron.
- He began a fundraiser called ‘Dunking for dollars’ in which he donates $100 to fight childhood obesity for every dunk he makes during the season.
- He and his brother were homeschooled by his mother to 8th and 10th grade respectively.
- His hobbies are acting, watching TV serials and movies, and listening to music.
- His NBA team is the Los Angeles Clippers.
- His jersey number is 32.
- Blake is devoutly Christian and speaks publicly about his faith in God.
- From 2011 to 2015, he has Western Conference All-Star five times.
- His position on the court is of power forward.
- He appeared in the commercials for Kia Motors, Vizio, Gamefly, and Subway.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – @blakegriffin23
- Twitter – @blakegriffin23
- Facebook – @BlakeGriffin