Biography / Wiki
Being the richest man in the world, Bill Gates has brought a revolution in computers and programming. He is the co-founder of Microsoft which is the world’s largest PC software company and an American business magnate. Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955, in Seattle as William Henry Gates III.
Apart from being the co-founder, he has held several positions including those of chairman, CEO, and chief software architect. Since 1987, he has been consistently ranked among the world’s wealthiest people. Since childhood, his parent has encouraged him to be competitive. The company grew and proved to be highly successful and making him an internationally known entrepreneur.
Height / Weight / Age
Bill Gates has a height of 175 cm and in feet inches; his height is 5’9”. His weight is 70 kg in Kilograms or 154 lbs in Pounds. He turned 67 years old. His eye color is greyish blue and his hair color is grey. His body measurement is as follows 38 inches chest, 30 inches waist, and 12 inches biceps.
His net worth is estimated to be $81.7 billion approximately. His car collection includes Porche 911, Porche 930, and Porche 959. He also has a jet collection which includes THE Bombardier BD-700 Global Express and Boeing Business Jet.
Education / Family
Bill was born to William H. Gates Sr who was a prominent lawyer and Mary Maxwell was on the board of directors for First Interstate Bancsystem and the United Way. He attended Lakeside school where he developed his interest in computing.
He wrote his first software program when he was 13 years old. After schooling, he was enrolled at Harvard College but he dropped it later to start a business with his friend Allen.
|Real Name||William Henry “Bill Gates” III|
|Birth Place||Seattle, Washington, USA|
|Date Of Birth||October 28, 1955|
|Height||In centimeters – 175 cm
In feet inches – 5’9”
|Weight||In kilograms – 70 kg
In pounds – 154 lbs
|Eye Color||Greyish Blue|
|Profession||Entrepreneur, Investor, Author, Philanthropist, and American business magnate|
|College||Harvard College, Harvard University|
|Home Town||Medina, Washington, U.S.|
|Fathers Name||William H. Gates Sr.|
|Mothers Name||Mary Maxwell Gates
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1975, Bill Gates and Paul Allen collaborated to found Microsoft. Initially, they adapted BASIC which is a popular programming language for use in microcomputers. Later they continued to develop programming language software for various systems.
International Business Machine (IBM) approached the duo to write the BASIC interpreter for IBM’s upcoming personal computer, the IBM PC. The window has been dominating the world’s personal computer market acquiring over 90% market share.
In 1989, Microsoft launched Microsoft office which included several applications into one system that was compatible with all Microsoft products. In 2000, he stepped down as CEO and created the new position of Chief Software Architect for himself. He transferred his duties to others at Microsoft and started spending time in philanthropic works.
Currently, he serves as a technology advisor to support CEO Satya Nadella. Bill and Melinda have jointly received India’s third-largest highest civilian honor Padma Bhushan in 2015 for their foundation’s philanthropic activities.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 1994, he got married to Melinda French and has a son Rory John Gates and two daughters Jennifer Katharine Gates and Phoebe Adele Gates. Despite his immense wealth, his kids will only inherit $10 million each.
|Children||Son – Rory John Gates
Daughter – Jennifer Katharine Gates, Phoebe Adele Gates
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Food||Thai and Indian Food, Concoctions|
Some Interesting Facts About Bill Gates
- Since childhood, Bill Gates was enthusiastic about computers and programming.
- He was enrolled in Lakeside School which was one of the handfuls of schools in the US with a computer terminal at the time.
- A Tic-Tac-Toe game was his first computer program.
- He hacked his school program to schedule students in the class. He changed the code so that he was placed in classes with a “disproportionate number of interesting girls”.
- He graduated from Lakeside School with a score of 1590 out of 1600. He went to Harvard and met Steve Balmer.
- To join his friend Paul Allen to form a company named “Micro-soft”, he dropped out of Harvard in 1975.
- He was arrested in New Mexico in 1977 for driving without a license.
- At an auction in 1994, he paid $30.1 million for the Codex Leicester which is a collection of writings by Leonardo Da Vinci.
- He makes on average about $250 per second, $15,000 per minute and almost $20 million every day.
- He was the richest man on the Earth from 1995 to 2007, before being dethroned momentarily by Mukesh Ambani.
- His family mansion ‘Xanadu 2.0’ brags a 17-by-60-foot swimming pool with an underground music system and a floor painted in a fossil motif.
- He stepped down as chairman of Microsoft in February 2014, taking a new post as a technology adviser to support newly appointed CEO Satya Nadella.
- His hobbies are playing golf and tennis.
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation was criticized in 2007 by the Los Angeles Times for investing its assets in companies which been accused of worsening poverty, polluting heavily, and pharmaceutical companies that do not sell into the developing world.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – @thisisbillgates
- Twitter – @BillGates
- Facebook – @BillGates