Biography / Wiki
R&B artist Beyonce rose to fame as the lead singer of the all-girls group Destiny’s Child. This group became the world’s best-selling girl group of all time. She was born on September 4, 1981, in Houston, Texas. After leaving the band, her solo career began with a bang as her debut album won five Grammy Awards.
Since childhood, she has been interested in music and dancing and her parents encouraged her to excel in her field. She gives credit to artists like Adele, Rihanna, Leona Lewis, and Misha as they are her biggest influence.
Height / Weight / Age
Beyonce has a height of 169 cm and in feet inches; her height is 5’7”. Her weight is 62 kg in Kilograms or 137 lbs in Pounds. She has a dark brown eye color and hair color. Her body measurement is 34-26-38. Beyonce has a mezzo-soprano voice type. She will turn 41 years old.
Her net worth is estimated to be $450 million approximately. She charges $3-4 million for each show. Her car collection includes Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren and Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud. She owns Indian Creek Village worth $9.3 million, Bridgehampton, New York, United States villa $43.5 million, and Her classic Malibu, California, United States villa worth $40 million.
Education / Family
She was born to Mathew Knowles who was a sales manager and Tina who worked as a hairdresser and salon owner. She has a brother named Nixon Knowles and two sisters named Solange Lawman and Bianca Knowles. She attended St. Mary’s Elementary School where she developed her interest in dancing and singing.
She was also enrolled in High School for the performing and visual arts. Along with Kelly Rowland and Latavia Roberson, she was put in a group called Girl’s Tyme. The group performed in several shows and bagged a contract with Columbia Records.
|Real Name||Beyonce Giselle Knowles|
|Nickname||Sasha Fierce, Queen B, Be, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, JuJu, Mothe|
|Birth Place||Houston, Texas, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||September 4, 1981|
|Height||In centimeters – 169 cm
In feet inches – 5’7”
|Weight||In kilograms- 62 kg
In pounds – 137 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer, businesswoman, actress|
|School||St. Mary’s Elementary School
Parker Elementary School
Alief Elsik High School
|Debut||Film – Carmen: A Hip Hopera (2001)
Album – Dangerously in love (1997)
TV – Much on demand (1997)
|Fathers Name||Mathew Knowles|
|Mothers Name||Tina Knowles
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1993, the group name was changed to ‘Destiny’s Child’ and in 1997 released their self-titled debut album. In 1999, their second album was released and sold more than 8 million copies worldwide.
The third album ‘Survivor’ was an even bigger success as it debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 and received several Grammy Award nominations. In 2003, Beyonce embarked on a solo career with her debut album ‘Dangerously in Love’.
She also appeared in movies such as Carmen: A Hip Hopera, The Pink Panther, Obsessed, and Epic. She is the third most honored woman in Grammy history as she has won 17 Grammy Awards from 46 nominations. In 2005, she established the Survivor Foundation along with Rowland to provide transitional housing for victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
She got married to Jay-Z in 2008 and in 2012 gave birth to a daughter.
|Boyfriends||Lyndell Locke (1993-2000)
|Children||Son – Sir Carter
Daughter – Blue Ivy Carter and Rumi Carter
Here we are providing you the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Artists||Michael Jackson, Cher, Prince and Mariah Carey|
|Favourite Song||‘Love Fool’ by the Cardigans|
|Favourite Perfumes||Beyonce Pulp, Beyonce heat|
|Favorite Movie||Sparkle, A Star is born|
|Favourite TV show||Jersey Shore|
|Favourite Colour||Pink and Gold|
|Favourite Painter||Vincent Van Gogh|
|Favourite Food||Creole Food, Honey Nut Cheerios, Popeyes, she like fast food and soul food.|
Some Interesting Facts About Beyonce
- For 12 years, her father was her manager until she started being her own manager.
- She has powerful roots as her mother descends from the Acadian leader, Joseph Broussard.
- In the list of 2012, “100 Greatest Women in Music”, she was ranked 3.
- She was named after her mother’s maiden name.
- When she was part of the band ‘Destiny Child’, her mother used to design her costumes.
- Along with Jay Z, the couple holds the Guinness World Record for being the Highest Power Earning Couple because they earned $122 million in 2010.
- Her ethnicity is African, Native American, Spanish, Irish, and French.
- Her hobbies are singing, swimming, reading, dancing, and writing.
- In school, she was being teased for her big ears that they are bigger than her head.
- Her inspirations are Celestine ‘Tina’ Beyonce (mother), Diana Ross, and Tina Turner.
- Beyonce’s father was sued by her bandmate for his mismanagement.
- In 2010, People Magazine named her the most beautiful woman.
- She used to charge $5 to sing in front of her parent’s friends.
- More than any female artist, she has been nominated for Grammys and has won a whopping 20 Grammy Awards.
- She does smoke occasionally and does consume alcohol.