Biography / Wiki
Every person who has watched Bear Grylls on TV, he was found wandering and eating all impossible things. Though he did something strange on Man vs. Wild, he is a super talented, adventurous traveler and explorer. He was born on June 7, 1974, in London. Since childhood, he was interested in adventurous sports like skydiving, mountaineering, and sailing.
He has suffered from several physical injuries and psychological hindrances. But his determination and spirit to make his dream come true did not let him step backward. He believes that adventures involve both physical and mental strength.
Height / Weight / Age
Bear Grylls is 182 cm tall and in feet inches, her height is 5’10”. He weighs 75 kg in Kilograms or 165 lbs in Pounds. In June, he turned 48 years old. His eye color is grey and his hair color is brown. His body measurement is 42 inches chest, 32 inches waist, and biceps in 18 inches. He is being titled as “Born Survivor: Bear Grylls”.
As of 2019, Bear Grylls has an estimated net worth of $20 million.
Education / Family
He belongs to the family of cricketers. His father Michael Grylls was a politician and his mother’s name is Sarah Gryll’s. He has one sister Lara Fawcett who is a tennis coach and fitness professional. Bear attended Eaton House, Ludgrove School, London, England, for his education. Since childhood, he is fond of adventurous sports, traveling, and exploring. He went to Birkbeck, University of London; to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Hispanic studies.
|Real Name||Edward Michael Grylls|
|Birth Place||London, England|
|Date Of Birth||7 June 1974|
|Height||In centimeters – 182 cm
In feet inches – 5’10”
|Weight||In kilograms – 75 kg
In pounds – 165 lbs
|Profession||Former SAS (Special Air Service) Serviceman
|School||Eaton House, Ludgrove School, London, England|
|College||Eton College, London, England
The University of West of England, Bristol, England
Birkbeck, University of London, Bloomsbury, London, England
|Home Town||London, England|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor Degrees in Hispanic and Latin American Studies|
|Fathers Name||Michael Grylls (Politician)
|Mothers Name||Sarah Grylls
|Sister||Lara Fawcett (Tennis, Coach, Fitness Professional)|
Career / Fashion And Style
He worked at the “Special Air Service”, a unit at “Territorial Army”. He climbed Mount Ama Dablam in 1997 and became the youngest British to climb this height. He also climbed Mount Everest on 16th May 1998, and his name got registered in the “Guinness Book of Records”. He went to explore the North Atlantic Arctic Ocean in 2003, with a team of five.
In 2009, he was appointed as a chief scout of “The Scout Association” and he will be serving this position till 2020. Man vs. Wild made him an international figure. He also appeared in the show “Worst-case scenario” of the Discovery channel. The Queen of England honored Bear as “Officer of the Order of the British Empire” in 2019.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He married Shara Cannings Knight who is a volunteer in 2000. He has three sons Marmaduke Mickey Percy Grylls, Huckleberry Edward Jocelyne Grylls, and Jesse Grylls.
|Children||Sons – Marmaduke Mickey Percy Grylls
Huckleberry Edward Jocelyne Grylls
|Wife||Shara Cannings Knight (Volunteer)|
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Food||Eggs, Avocado, Chia Seed Protein Smoothie, Banana, Chocolates|
|Favourite Beverage||Almond Milk|
|Favourite Song||The Bare Necessities (performed by Tony Bennett)|
|Favourite Mountaineer||Edmund Hillary|
|Favourite Tennis Player||Roger Federer|
Some Interesting Facts About Bear Grylls
- Bear’s grandfather and great-grandfather were the first-class cricketers.
- Till the age of 4, Bear lived in Donaghadee, Northern Ireland. Later, his family moved to Bembridge on the Isle of Wight.
- He is a spiritual person.
- He can speak several languages like German, Spanish, French, and English fluently.
- He released his own autobiography “Mud, Sweat and Tears”, in 2012.
- He was awarded the honorary rank of lieutenant colonel in the Royal Marines Reserve, in 2013.
- At the age of 35, he was appointed as youngest-ever Chief Scout in the United Kingdom, in July 2009.
- His hobbies are performing karate, writing, mountaineering, swimming and playing the piano.
- He has given the title of “Born Survivor: Bear Grylls”.
- He achieved his childhood dream of climbing the Mount Everest on 16 May 1998, at the age of 23.
- To reach the summit of the Himalayan Mountains, he wanted to join the Indian Army.
- Former American President Barack Obama came together with Bear Grylls in December 2015.
- Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi was also featured on the show in August 2019, in Jim Corbett National Park, India.
- Other personalities like Zac Efron, Kate Hudson, Kate Winslet, Channing Tatum, Michelle Rodriguez, Ben Stiller and many more, participated in the show with Bear.
- He learned skydiving in his teenage.
- He earned a second Dan Black Belt in Shotokan Karate.
- The franchise of “Juice” a dietary supplement brand is owned by Bear.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – @beargrylls
- Twitter – @BearGrylls
- Facebook – @BearGrylls