Biography / Wiki
Born as a granddaughter of former President George H. W. Bush, Barbara Bush was named after her grandmother. Instead of following the footsteps of her family, she preferred to enter the health care world and became an entrepreneur. Born on November 25, 1981, she was named as Barbara Pierce Bush Jr.
She is an American activist who has co-founded the non-profit organization Global Health Corps. It is a global community which comprises of young leaders working towards the movement for health equity. She believes health is a human right and their generation has to build a world where this is realized.
Height / Weight / Age
The height of Barbara Bush Jr. measures 5’ 7” in feet and her weight is 55 kg. She will be turning 39 years old in August 2020. Her figure measurement is approximately 32-28-34. She has blue-gray eyes and dark brown hair.
Education / Family
Barbara Bush was born to former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush. She has a fraternal twin sister Jenna. She went to Preston Hollow Elementary School for primary education where her mother was associated with Preston Hollow‘s Parent-Teacher Association. Later, she graduated in humanities from Yale University. Along with her sister, she published the joint memoir named Sisters First: Stories from our wild and wonderful life.
|Real name / Nickname||Barbara Pierce Bush Jr.|
|Birth Place||Dallas, Texas, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||November 25, 1981|
|Height||In centimeters – 170 cm
In feet inches – 5’ 7”
|Weight||In kilograms – 55 kg
In pounds – 121 lbs
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Profession||Entrepreneur and Health Care Activist|
|School||Preston Hollow Elementary School, Dallas, Texas, United States
The Hockaday School, Dallas, Texas, United States
St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, Austin, Texas, United States
|Religion||United Methodist Church|
|Home Town||Dallas, Texas, U.S.|
|Fathers Name||George W. Bush|
|Mothers Name||Laura Bush|
|Sister||Jenna Bush Hager|
Career / Fashion And Style
After completing her graduation, she has worked for the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum. From the beginning of her career, she was involved in philanthropic activities. Barbara worked for AIDS patients in Africa, Tanzania, and Botswana through a program that was sponsored by the Baylor College of Medicines.
In 2009, she co-founded Global Health Corps which is a public health-focused non-profit organization. She has design-thinking programs for high school students and faculty across the US.
She became a member of UNICEF’s Next Generation Steering Committee and UN Global Entrepreneurs Council. To support Human Rights, she released for Human Rights Campaign which is the nation’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender civil rights organization.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In 2018, she married Craig Coyne who is a screenwriter. The marriage took place at the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine.
|Boyfriends||Kyle (a pitcher for her high school’s baseball team)
Miky Fabrega, A Panamanian painter (2012-2016)
Franck Raharinosy, ping-pong club SPiN co-owner (2016)
Andrew Jenks, Filmmaker (2017)
|Husband||Craig Coyne (screenwriter)
|Favorite Politician||Hillary Clinton|
|Favorite Food(s)||Swordfish, Iced Coffee, Protein Shake|
Some Interesting Facts About Barbara Bush
- She became a member of Kappa Alpha Theta while at Yale University. She was honored for distinguished service by Yale Alumni Non-profit Alliance.
- She received heavy media coverage for her graduation from Yale in 2004.
- Before the 2004 U.S. Presidential election along with her sister Jenna, She made several media appearances. She also gave a speech to the Republican Convention.
- She joined her mother on diplomatic trips to Liberia and also attended the inauguration of President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf in January 2006.
- She visited Vatican City in February 2006 to meet with Pope Benedict XVI.
- She worked for the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum initially. It’s a subsidiary of the Smithsonian Institution.
- Barbara has also worked with AIDS patients in Africa- South Africa, Tanzania, and Botswana; among other places.
- She was chosen as one of the 14 speakers from an applicant pool of 1,500 to speak at the TEDx Brooklyn event in December 2010.
- She has released a video with the Human Rights Campaign, America’s largest LGBT civil rights organization in 2011. She called on the New York State to legalize same-sex marriage in the video.
- Along with her sister Jenna, she has released a book- Sisters First: Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life.
- She was honored as one of Glamour Magazine’s Women of the Year in 2011.
- Barbara has revealed that she voted for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 US Presidential Election.
- In an interview with the New York Times, she shared an incident from 2006 when Barbara with her mother, shared a meal with Silvio Berlusconi (the then Prime Minister of Italy). Berlusconi told she should have sex with his son and said if he “was younger, I’d have children with you.”
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – Not Known
- Twitter – Not Known
- Facebook – @BarbaraBush