Biography / Wiki
A Russian born, American actor Anton Yelchin portrayed the character of ‘Pavel Chekov’ in Star Trek series. He rose to fame from his appearance in science fiction miniseries ‘Taken’ as ‘Jacob Clarke’. He was born as Anton Viktorovich Yelchin on March 11, 1989. Even after his death, he is remembered for his numerous acting credits in both TV productions and films.
He grabbed the attention of the audience from his work in the mystery drama film ‘Heart in Atlantis’. He was featured in blockbuster hit films such as ‘Terminator Salvation’, ‘Alpha Dog’, ‘Green Room’, and Rememory. He also appeared in many TV shows like ‘Huff’, ‘Law & Order: Criminal Intent’, ‘Criminal Minds’, ‘Judging Amy’, and many more.
Height / Weight / Age
Anton Yelchin weighed 67 kg in kilograms and 147 lbs in pounds. His height was 175 cm or 5’9” in feet inches. He died at the age of 27 years on March 11, 1989. He had sparkling turquoise green eye color and curly brown hair. He had 40 inches of the chest, 30 inches waist, and 13 inches biceps. He had a distinctive hoarse voice.
Anton Yelchin’s net worth was estimated to be $10 million approximately.
Education / Family
Anton Yelchin was born to celebrity pair figure skaters Irina Korina and Viktor Yelchin in Leningrad, Soviet Union. He belonged to the Jewish family who suffered from political and religious oppression in their homeland and hence moved to Los Angeles. He joined Sherman Oaks Centre for Enriched Studies, San Francisco for elementary education. Later in 2007, was enrolled at the University of Southern California for further studies. He died on June 19, 2016, due to a freak accident. As he was the only child of his parents, the accident was a big loss for them.
|Real Name||Anton Viktorovich Yelchin|
|Birth Place||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|Date Of Birth||March 11, 1989|
|Age||27 years (at the time of death)|
|Height||In centimeters – 175 cm
In feet inches – 5’9”
|Weight||In kilograms – 67 kg
In pounds – 147 lbs
|Eye Color||Turquoise Green|
|School||Sherman Oaks Centre for Enriched Studies, San Francisco|
|College||University of Southern California, Los Angeles|
|Home Town||Los Angeles, California|
|Fathers Name||Viktor Yelchin (figure skater)|
|Mothers Name||Irina Corina
Career / Fashion And Style
Anton began his career as a child artist by appearing in movies such as ‘A Man is Mostly Water’ and ‘Delivering Milo’. In 2000, he was starred in the fictional TV show ‘ER’ and TV film ‘Geppetto’. He got an opportunity to work with superstars like Robert De Niro and Morgan Freeman in popular films like ’15 minutes’ and ‘Along Came a Spider’.
In 2001, he won a Young Artist Award for his best performance in the Australian mystery drama film ‘Hearts in Atlantis’. In 2006, he was starred in the crime thriller film ‘Alpha Dog’ which was based upon the story of Nicholas Markowitz’s’ kidnapping and murder. In 2009, he received a major breakthrough by working in ‘Star Trek’ film series which earned him the Boston Society of Film Critics Award.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Girlfriends||Mika Booreman (1996)
Imogen Poots (2011-2016)
Here is the list Anton’s favourite thing.
|Favourite Colour||Grey, black|
Some Interesting Facts About Anton Yelchin
- Anton’s parents were pair figure skaters in Leningrad, Russia.
- As he was Jewish, his family had faced religious and political oppression in Russia.
- His family moved to Russia when he was six months old.
- As he looked handsome, once a woman came to him and advised him to become an actor.
- He made his debut in the film ‘A Man is Mostly War’ when he was just 9 years old.
- From 2004 to 2006, he worked for a TV series ‘Huff’.
- He is famous for his role Bobby Garfield in ‘Hearts in Atlantis’.
- He was fond of acoustic blues music.
- He played chess, piano, and guitar.
- His parents were considered national celebrities as they were figure skaters. Both of them qualified for the 1972 Winter Olympics but Soviet Authorities didn’t allow them to participate.
- In the list of ‘The 25 hottest actors under 25’, he was ranked 12 by Moviefone’s.
- Since childhood, he had suffered from Cystic Fibrosis.
- He was the nephew of Eugene Yelchin who was an illustrator, character designer, and storyboard artist movies and TV.
- In 2009, People magazine named him among the 100 most beautiful people in the world.
- His hobbies were making music, playing guitar, and playing chess.
- He became a part of the punk band named ‘Hammerheads’.
- In 2016, in the driveway of his Studio City home, he met with a tragic accident and was reported to death.
- In the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, his bronze statue is being erected at his grave in 2017.
- In the movie ‘Smurfs: The Lost Village’ he had provided his voice and thus the movie was dedicated to his memory.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – @antonyelchinphoto
- Twitter – @AntonFoundation
- Facebook – @antonyelchinfoundation