Biography / Wiki
The only African-American recipient of the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress, Angela Evelyn Bassett is an American actress well known for her Biopics in which she played many African-American women celebrities.
Just like her film career, her personal life is also inspirational; she is well known for her activism work and is an active Ambassador for UNICEF. She was inducted into Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2008. She has also won numerous awards for her brilliant acting, including a Golden Globe Award for best actress.
Height / Weight / Age
Angela, born on August 16, 1958, will turn 62 in 2020. Angela is known for her slim and toned figure. Her figure measurements are 34-25-37. She measures 5’ 4” in feet and weighs 50 kg approximately. Loved all over the world for her wide smile, her black hair and dark brown eyes also enhance her beauty.
Angela Bassett earns about $35, 00,000 per movie and her net worth is estimated at $24 million. The main sources of her income are her appearances in movies, television, and drama. income from endorsements is around is $522876 also the market value for her house in Hancock Park, California is $38,00,000.
Education / Family
Born in New York City, Angela is the daughter of Betty Jane, her mother who was a social worker and her father, Daniel Benjamin who was a preacher’s son. She grew up with her sister D’nette Bassett. Angela went to Yale University for her Bachelor of Arts degree, and she thereafter did her masters in fine arts in Drama. She attended Jordan Park Elementary School as a child and Ciega High School after that.
|Real name||Angela Evelyn Bassett|
|Birth Place||New York City, United States|
|Date Of Birth||August 16, 1958|
|Height||In centimeters – 163 cm
In feet inches – 5’ 4”
|Weight||In kilograms – 50 kg
In pounds – 110 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|School||Boca Ciega High School
Azalea Middle School (eighth and ninth grade)
Disston Middle School (seventh grade)
Jordan Park Elementary School
|Home Town||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Debut||TV – Doubletake (1985)
Film – F/X (1986)
|Fathers Name||Daniel Benjamin Bassett|
|Mothers Name||Betty Jane Bassett
Career / Fashion And Style
Starting from her college days Angela Bassett had done well on stage. In her film ‘Boyz n the Hood’, she played a key role in 1991 which was different from the typical roles assigned to African-American women at that time.
She has also played Katherine Jackson, mother of Michael Jackson & five singing groups in ‘The Jacksons: An American Dream’ in 1992. However, her celebrated performance came in the film ‘What’s love has to do with it’ when she played the role of Tina Turner, in 1993.
She also played the main role with Whitney Houston in the film ‘Waiting to Exhale’ in 1995. She played Lady Macbeth in Shakespeare’s Hamlet in 1998 when she did stage roles in parallel assignments. In ‘His Girl Friday’ (2005) she had a role with her husband Courtney B Vance. She also received an Emmy nomination for the TV film ‘Coven’ in 2013.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Boyfriends||Mark Jenkins, (American Actor)
Courtney B. Vance, (American Actor)
|Husband||Courtney B. Vance, American Actor|
|Children||Son – Slater Josiah Vance
Daughter – Bronwyn Golden Vance
Here we provide you the list of Angela Bassett’s favourite things.
|Favourite Actress||Diahann Carroll, Cicely Tyson|
|Favourite Singer||Lady Gaga|
|Favourite Exercise||Biceps Curls|
|Favourite TV Show||The People’s Court|
|Favourite Drinks||Vodka and Lime Juice|
Some Interesting Facts About Angela Bassett
- To launch a skincare line of products for people of color she has teamed up with German doctor Barbara Sturm.
- From her alma-mater Yale University Angela received an honorary doctoral degree in fine arts in 2018.
- For her portrayal of singer Tina Turner in What’s Love Got to do with it(1993), she is the only African-American recipient of the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy.
- She became one of the many actors to get her own star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame On March 20, 2008. Her star shines at 7000 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- She has previously worked as a photo researcher at S. News & World Report magazine and as a receptionist at a beauty salon after graduating from Yale.
- For her role in “What’s Love Got to do with it” in 1994, she was nominated for an Oscar in the Best Actress category. Angela is one of the only 10 African-American actresses to be nominated in that category.
- During her formative years, Angela has admitted to being a huge fan of The Jackson5.
- She was not comfortable with the role’s requirement for nudity in Monster’s Ball(2001) hence she turned down the role of Leticia Musgrove. Halle Berry later won the Oscar for that role.
- In 2015, she marked her directorial debut in 2015 with Whitney, a television film about the life and struggles of American all-time best selling artist Whitney Houston.
- She got her debut in Television movie- Doubletake as a prostitute, after her successful appearance in some theatre plays.
- Here is a talk show with Kelly and Michael, she shared her workout routine, her likings, her personal life, and many such things worth-knowing for her fans. Have a look at it-