Biography / Wiki
“Amal Clooney” even after having attractive looks and the perfect figure is not a model or an actress but focused on international law and human rights issues. Her real name is Amal Ramzi Alamuddin Clooney. She was born on 3rd February 1978, in Beirut, Lebanon. She is considered to be the best lawyer in the world. She has obtained a BA degree in Jurisprudence from Oxford.
Height / Weight / Age
Amal is 175 cm tall and in feet inches, her height is 5’9”. Approximately, 54 kg in Kilograms or 119 lbs in Pounds is her weight. The measurement of her body is 34-26-35 cm. In February 2019, she turned 41 years old. Her eye color is black and her hair color is black. She has a tall and perfect figure. Since childhood, she isn’t interested in glamour. She only focused on her career.
As of 2019, Amal Clooney has an estimated net worth of $20 million.
Education / Family
She went to Dr. Challoner’s High School for her education. In 2000, she attended St. Hugh’s College at Oxford for graduation with B.A. in Jurisprudence. She obtained a Masters’s Degree in Law from New York University in 2001. During her graduation, she did clerkships at the International Court of Justice and the United States Court of Appeals.
Her family moved to London, during the Lebanese Civil war. Her father Ramzi Alamuddin worked as a University Professor whereas her mother Baria Alamuddin worked as a Journalist. She was raised in a Sunni Muslim family. She has one sister and two brothers.
|Real name||Amal Ramzi Alamuddin Clooney|
|Birth Place||Beirut, Lebanon|
|Date Of Birth||3rd February 1978|
|Height||In centimeters – 175 cm
In feet inches – 5’9”
|Weight||In kilograms – 54 kg
In pounds – 119 lbs
|School||Dr. Challoner’s High School|
|College||St. Hugh’s College, Oxford,
New York University School of Law
|Nationality||British and Lebanese|
|Home Town||Buckinghamshire, England|
|Fathers Name||Ramzi Alamuddin|
|Mothers Name||Baria Alamuddin
|Brothers||Ziad Alamuddin, Sameer Alamuddin
Career / Fashion And Style
After completing her graduation and clerkships, Amal worked at Sullivan & Cromwell in New York City for 3 years. In 2010, she moved to London and began working as a barrister at Doughty Street Chambers. Her clients are as follows: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, former prime minister of Ukraine, Yulia Tymoshenko, and Egyptian-Canadian journalist Mohamed Fahmy.
Since 2015, she has been working for advocating the protection of women against physical and sexual violence in the conflict zone. The book “The Law and Practice of the Special Tribunal for Lebanon” was written by Amal Clooney in 2013. She also got the privilege to give a lecture at top universities.
She filed a case against the Government of the Republic of the Philippines before the UN’s working group on Arbitrary Detention. Along with her husband, she founded the “Clooney Foundation for Justice” in 2016. The foundation was laid to advance justice in courtrooms, communities, and classrooms around the world.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband, and More
She married an American Actor, George Clooney on September 27, 2014, in Venice, Italy. She gave birth to twins: a daughter and a son.
|Children||Daughter – Ella
Son – Alexander
Some Interesting Facts About Amal Clooney
- She is considered to be the best lawyer in the world.
- Her clients include Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, Egyptian-Canadian journalist Mohamed Fahmy.
- She is a fluent speaker of Arabic, English, and French.
- She writes for The Huffington Post.
- She ranked #1 in the list of London’s Hottest Barrister List.
- She is a serious human rights lawyer and not a fashion icon.
- She was married to an American actor George Clooney.
- By the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Clooney was appointed as the special envoy on media freedom.
- She has been a part of several United Nation Commissions.
- In 2013, she wrote the book “The Law and Practice of the Special Tribunal for Lebanon”.
- Clooney along with her husband founded the “Clooney Foundation for Justice”.
- At the United Nations, she was appointed as a special counsel to inquire about counter-terrorism and human rights.
- She was honored with the Jack J. Katz Memorial Award.
- For excellence in law studies, she received Shrigley Award at St. Hugh’s College of Oxford.