Biography / Wiki
Considered as one of the key moments in American politics, the fourth most powerful Democrat in the House and 10-term Congressman Joe Crowley was defeated by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, making history in New York’s 14th congressional district in the state’s Democratic primary on June 26, 2018.
To become the youngest woman ever elected to Congress, she emerged victorious in the general election, less than a month after her 29th birthday on November 6th. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is often introduced as an American Democratic Socialist. To the progressive hopes of her liberal supporters, her stunning triumph was a boon.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on the 13th of October 1989 Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will turn 31 years old in the year 2020. Although she doesn’t appear to be much taller, she has a well-maintained body figure and stays healthy and slim. Her body figure measurements are 29-27-34 and she wears number 8 in the shoe size. Her height measures 5 feet 5 inches and her weight is 60 kg approximately. She has brown colored eyes and has long and straight brown colored hair as well.
As an active politician in the United States of America, she has been quite popular and has done a lot of work which is beneficial for her society and towards the environment as well. Most of the wealth that Alexandria has earned so far comes from her work as a politician and as a US Senate Representative. The total net worth estimated for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is $200 thousand US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
The native of New York, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was born and raised in New York City, United States of America. She is the daughter of Sergio Ocasio and Blanca Ocasio-Cortez and grew up with her brother Gabriel. The details about her schooling are not known but it is known that she attended Boston University and completed her degree from there.
|Birth Place||New York City, New York, USA|
|Date Of Birth||13th October 1989|
|Height||In centimetres – 165 cm
In feet and inches – 5’5”
|Weight||In kilograms – 60 KG
In pounds – 132 Pounds
|Profession||US Senate Representative|
|Home Town||New York City, New York, USA|
|Fathers Name||Sergio Ocasio (Architect)
|Mothers Name||Blanca Ocasio-Cortez (née Cortez)|
|Brothers||Gabriel (Younger Brother)
Career / Fashion And Style
Alexandria focused on immigration issues while in college and worked for Senator Ted Kennedy’s office. Ocasio-Cortez took multiple low-wage restaurant jobs because of the financial issues her family faced in 2008. Despite Crowley’s 10-to-1 fundraising advantage over her, Ocasio-Cortez organized a grassroots campaign, along with a powerful viral video ad.
She ran on a progressive platform like tuition-free college, criminal justice reform, and universal healthcare. Senator Ed Markey introduced a resolution outlining the scope of a “Green New Deal” along with Ocasio-Cortez in February 2019 which was co-sponsored by 60 House members and nine senators.
Ocasio-Cortez has never shied away from speaking out on issues that are important to her and has spoken on Abortion and Border Issues as well.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
She has been quite private about her dating life as well and has not let out any details.
Here we provide you the list of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Tom Hanks|
|Favorite Actress||Emma Stone|
|Favorite Colour||Blue and White|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||London|
|Favorite Food||American Cuisine|
|Favorite Things To Do||Reading and Gardening|
Some Interesting Facts About Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Alexandria participated in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair in the Microbiology category during her academic years and came in second.
- The effect of antioxidants on the lifespan of the nematode Elegans was a microbiology research project that she presented.
- As a token of appreciation a small asteroid ‘23238 Ocasio-Cortez’ was named after her by the MIT Lincoln Laboratory.
- To settle his estate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez got involved in a lengthy probate battle after her father died of lung cancer.
- She has more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 7 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook which is an impressive fan base.
- She has appeared on shows like The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Rachel Maddow Show, State of the Union with Jake Tapper and Late Night with Seth Meyers.
- In the 2020 presidential election, Alexandria endorsed Bernie Sanders.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a long time supporter of the LGBTQ community.
- The environmental plan named the Green New Deal was proposed by her and she has described climate change as a threat.