Biography / Wiki
Alastair Cook is a former cricketer who has bagged numerous records and achievements on his name. He has been a consistent high-scoring performer of his team. He was born on 25th December 1984 in Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England. He is considered to be the most prolific batsmen of the modern era.
He ranked fifth in the list of highest test run-scorer of all time. After giving excellent performance, he was appointed as captain of the test team. Again he performed well in leading the team towards winning.
Height / Weight / Age
Alastair Cook has a towering height of 188 cm and in feet inches his height is 6’2”. His weight is 80 kg in Kilograms and 176 lbs in Pounds. In December 2019, he turned 35 years old. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His body measurement is 40 inches chest, 34 inches waist, and biceps in 12 inches.
As of 2019, Alastair Cook has an estimated net worth of £2.3 million.
Education / Family
Alastair was born to Graham Cook who was an engineer and Stephanie Cook who worked as a teacher. He has two brothers Laurence and Adrian. He attended St Paul’s Cathedral School, London and Bedford School, Bedfordshire for his elementary education. Both these schools were boy’s boarding school. During his schooling, Alastair developed his interest in music and also learned to play musical instruments.
|Real Name||Alastair Nathan Cook|
|Nickname||Captain Cook, Cookie, Cookie Monster, Chef|
|Birth Place||Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England|
|Date Of Birth||25 December 1984|
|Age||35 years (as in 2019)|
|Height||In centimeters – 188 cm
In feet inches – 6’2”
|Weight||In kilograms – 80 kg
In pounds – 176 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|School||St Paul’s Cathedral School, London
Bedford School, Bedfordshire
|Home Town||Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England|
|Debut||Test – 1 March 2006 vs India at Nagpur
ODI – 28 June 2006 vs Sri Lanka at Manchester
T20 – 28 June 2007 vs West Indies at London
|Fathers Name||Graham Cook (Engineer)|
|Mothers Name||Stephanie Cook (teacher)
|Brothers||Laurence Cook, Adrian Cook|
Career / Fashion And Style
At the age of 16, he became a member of the Essex Academy. On 1st March 2006, he played his first test match against India and on 28th June 2006 he played his first ODI against Sri Lanka.
He became the first English player to score 4 centuries in December 2006. From 2003 to 2006, he consecutively received the NBC Denis Compton Award. Cook set the world record for the most time spent batting in five test-series against Australia in January 2011.
In 2011, he was honored with Freedom of the City of London and Member of the Order of the British Empire. He became the ICC test player of the year in 2011. In October 2016, he became England’s most capped player in the Tests, surpassing Alec Stewart’s record of 134 matches. On 11 September 2018, he announced his retirement from international test cricket.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He married Alice Hunt on 31st December 2011 at Stewkley Methodist Church, Buckinghamshire.
|Girlfriends||Alice Hunt (model)|
|Children||Daughters – Elsie Cook
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Food||Rump Steak|
|Favourite Pub||The Lansdowne in Primrose Hill, England|
|Favourite Destinations||Abu Dhabi, Morocco|
Some Interesting Facts About Alastair Cook
- In childhood, Alastair was obsessed with music. He was a choirboy in school. He can play a variety of musical instruments like Clarinet, Saxophone, and Piano.
- He earned a scholarship to Bedford School because of his musical flair. In the school, he was appointed as the President of its musical society.
- In 2004, he represented England at the ICC U-19 World Cup.
- Being the youngest Englishman, he holds the record to score 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000 and 6000 test runs.
- He batted 836 minutes to score 263 in the first innings of a match against Pakistan; this performance of his was marked the third-longest innings of all time.
- He is fond of sweet and revealed that he stole penny sweets from the corner shop.
- Apart from being a musician and a cricketer, he is also a great chef.
- He is scared of snakes and often gets a nightmare about being eaten by them.
- He is associated with many charitable organizations. To spread awareness for testicular cancer he along with James Anderson and Stuart Board posed nude on behalf of the Everyman Campaign.
- His car collection includes Ford Focus RS.
- His hobbies are cooking and farming.
- He is the second English player to receive a knighthood in the New Year’s Honours.
- Derek Randall and Graham Gooch are his coaches.
- He likes to play against Australia.
- His batting style is Left-handed bat whereas his bowling style is right-arm slow.
- His jersey number is 26.