Biography / Wiki
An American politician Al Franken is considered one of the most recognized and celebrated politicians in the United States. Currently, he is the United States Senator from Minnesota. He was born Alan Stuart Franken on May 21, 1951. Apart from his political career, he was a writer and performer who was associated with the TV show, ‘Saturday Night Live’ from 1975-1995.
The show earned a massive success and he also became popular. In 2008, he entered politics as a member of the Democratic Party. He defeated Norm Coleman who was a Republican Senator, to bag himself the seat.
Height / Weight / Age
The weight of Al Franken is 70 kg or 154 lbs in pounds. He is 170 cm and in feet inches; his height is 5’6” tall. He will turn 72 years old. His hair color is salt & pepper and his eye color is striking gray.
Al Franken’s net worth is estimated to be $9 million approximately.
Education / Family
Al Franken’s father Joseph Franken was a printing salesman and his mother Phoebe was a real estate agent. He has a brother named Owen Franken, who is a photojournalist. He went to The Blake School to complete his formal education.
Later, he was enrolled at Harvard University to pursue a degree in Bachelor of Arts. Along with his friend Tom Davis, he has performed in many school events. Later the duo performed at the Brave New Workshop Theatre, specializing in political satire.
|Real name||Alan Stuart Franken|
|Birth Place||New York City, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||May 21, 1951|
|Height||In centimeters – 170 cm
In feet inches – 5’6”
|Weight||In kilograms – 70 kg
In pounds – 154 lbs
|Hair Color||Salt & pepper|
|Profession||Politician, writer, comedian|
|School||The Blake School, Minneapolis|
|College||Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts|
|Home Town||St Louis Park, Minnesota, USA|
|Fathers Name||Joseph Franken (printing salesman)|
|Mothers Name||Phoebe Franken (real estate agent)|
|Brothers||Owen Franken (photojournalist)|
Career / Fashion And Style
Al Franken started his career as a writer for the show ‘Saturday Night Live’ where he wrote many scripts and created various characters. In 1986, he wrote the script of comedy film ‘One more Saturday night’ along with Tom Davis. The duo also appeared in films including ‘All you need is cash’ and ‘Trading Places’.
In 1995, he left the world of entertainment and entered the political arena. In 1999, he became a volunteer with USO and visited Kosovo. As a volunteer, he participated in celebrity handshake tours at military hospitals to visit wounded soldiers. He has conducted several overseas tours.
In 2004, he became the host for the talk show on Air America Radio’s flagship program. In 2009, he became the United States Senate. He has made a massive contribution to health care and supported a single-payer system. In 2009, he was honored with the USO’s Metro Merit Award for his decade-long involvement.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 1975, he married his long-time love Franni Bryson and has a son named Joe Franken and a daughter Thomasin Franken.
|Wife||Franni Bryson (1975-present)|
|Children||Daughter – Thomasin Franken
Son – Joe Franken
Here is the list of Al Franken’s favourite things.
|Favourite Films||Fargo, Election, About a Boy, Dr. Strangelove|
|Favourite Rock Band||Grateful Dead|
|Favourite Books||The Assassins Gate by George Parker
Fiasco by Tom E. Ricks
Bright Shining Lie by Neal Sheehan
The Penrod series by Booth Tarkington
Some Interesting Facts About Al Franken
- Al Franken presented comic talent on the comedy sketch program ‘Saturday Night Live’.
- From 1975 to 1980, he wrote and performed at ‘Saturday Night Live’. From 1985 to 1995, for the same show, he was a co-producer.
- He got an opportunity to join President Reagan due to his impeccable political satires. In 1976, in the campaign bus of President Reagan, Al did parodies of Democratic and Republic leaders.
- On a show ‘The O’Franken Factor’, he appeared as a liberal on talk-radio station.
- To enter politics, he left Air America in 2007.
- As a part of 7 USO tours, he visited Germany, Bosnia, Kosovo, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, and Kuwait, and performed for the US troops there.
- Al was accused by Leeann Tweeden of forcibly kissing her in 2006 while rehearsing for a skit.
- His hobbies are reading, writing, sketching, and listening to music.
- In the math section of the SAT exam, he secured 800 marks.
- Alicyn Packard mentioned him in one of his songs ‘The Pinky Song’.
- In 2018, he resigned Congress due to several allegations made against him.
- His ethnicity is German, Belarusians, Russian.